While it is still too cold to dive locally we have planned trips to Vortex and Morrison Springs in the Florida panhandle. Last weekend instructors Greg Gilkey and Mark Bannerman took students to Morrison for their checkout dives.
The visibility was incredible, estimated at 40+ feet!. Although not all specialties can be accomplished at Morrison, it is a wonderful place for Open Water checkout dives, you won’t find any better visibility within driving distance. Water temps were a constant 68 degrees, comfortable enough for a 7mm wetsuit or even a 3mm with a hooded vest, or better yet a drysuit.
During some of our upcoming Florida trips we may also try to schedule a day of boat diving out of Panama City or Destin but don’t think you can’t go diving now! Next trip is planned for January 21 and 22, call the shop to go with us on this great trip!
Are you ready for some amazing wreck dives in Pensacola, Florida? Let me answer that for you, YES YOU ARE!
Bluewater Scuba in Franklin, TN is "Where Nashville Learns To Dive" and for those of you who already know HOW to dive, well...then we're "Where Nashville Goes to Book Their Dive Trips!" It's not as catchy, but it works ;)
Here are the details:
Celebrate 4th of July Weekend with Bluewater Scuba by diving an incredible shipwreck off the coast of Pensacola, Florida. This is the only aircraft carrier accessible for the majority of SCUBA divers and the largest artificial reef ever created.
The cost is $599 and includes:
- 2 Days of 2 Tank Dives
- 2 on Oriskany, 2 on Navy Tug Boat
- 3 Nights Accomodations (double occupancy)
- ADD ON: Nitrox Tank Rentals at 28% blend - $14/tank (rented in Florida)
Not included: Transportation, training fees, equipment, meals and 3% credit card fee. Single Rate: $775.Non-Diver Rate: $359
• Divers wishing to dive the Oriskany must have a minimum of 20 logged dives.
• Divers must have a whistle, safety sausage, dive computer, gloves, and pressure gauge.
• Open Water Divers without an advanced certification or a deep diver specialty certification will be required to dive with a Divemaster/Guide and must have completed 2 logged dives within the last year or complete a refresher.
• Advanced Divers or those with deep diver specialty certifications must have completed 2 logged dives at or below 80’ in the last year to dive without a Divemaster/Guide.
• Bring your certification card and log book.
Call the shop to book your spot: 615-771-0002
$300 deposit. Balance due June 7, 2011.
Bluewater Scuba is the only PADI 5 Star IDC in Middle Tennessee with an onsite training pool. What does this mean? You have the convenience of training in the only facility in town where it's all under one roof. Work in one of our spacious classrooms with your instructor, and then step right in the pool to practice the skills you just discussed. You don't have to cart all of your gear to another location. It's all here! And whether you're a beginning diver or someone who's ready to "go pro" and pursue a professional diving career, Bluewater Scuba can train you all the way to the top. Stop by the shop in Franklin, TN today and see for yourself.
Bluewater Scuba's Julie Jeffs
California Diver gone country in Nashville, Tennessee. The Blog Voice of Bluewater Scuba: Where Nashville Learns To Dive